Direct from our kitchen… these are our newest donuts. Vegan and gluten free light and moist donuts. We use oat flour in these ones to give them a unique taste. Scroll down for the Cinnamon Sugar recipe.
Cinnamon Sugar Buttermilk Donuts
- 1 1/2 Cups GF Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cups Potato Starch
- 1/4 Cups Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 Cup Soy Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Organic Evaporated Cane Juice
- 1/2 Cup Organic Applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Good quality Madagascar Vanilla
- 1 Cup Organic Evaporated Cane Juice to make Cinnamon Sugar for rolling
- 2 TBL Organic Vietnamese Cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 350Spray a donut pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine the soy milk with the lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. stir and set aside until the end the recipe. This is now your buttermilk. It will thicken as it sits.
- Sift together dry ingredients in an medium bowl.
- in mixing bowl combine wet ingredients (except for the soy milk). Mix on low until the sugar crystals melt... about 3 minutes. Add the dry ingredients and mix for a minute to combine. Slowly add in the "buttermilk" and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill each donut ring 1/2 way full. Bake 10 min at 350. Allow to cool about 10 minutes in pan and revoke while still bait warm. Rest on a cooling rack over a pan.
- Make your Cinnamon Sugar. Brush each donut (both sides) with warmed coconut oil and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Enjoy!