We’re pretty excited about the newest addition to the Karma family; Waffles!
AND not just regular waffles, but protein waffles… 7g per waffle! Made from all organic plant-based protein powders. We use the cleanest and best tasting Brown Rice and Pea Proteins. Arek and I make protein shakes at home regularly. I’m in love with the Georgia Peach shake at www.joicafe.com so I faked a version for us at home. Not the same as Joi’s but fortunately for us, she’s not too far away.
Back to waffles! We get a lot of requests for new food choices at the bakery. I guess cookies and donuts only wet the whistle when you are a GF vegan and find an amazing bakery. As of yesterday… we started making these great waffles.. made to order.. and so far only in Cinnamon Roll Flavor, BUT… I’m getting excited for the other ideas already brimming in my head!
Here’s the recipe I’ve gotten so far, I love it, but I’m constantly tweaking and perfecting. it’s a curse 😉
Cinnamon Roll Protein Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups Karma Baker Organic Gluten Free Flour OR your own GF flour
- 1 TBL Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 2 TBL Organic Pea Protein Powder
- 2 TBL Organic Brown Rice Protein Powder
- 1 TBL Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Organic Evaporated Cane Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Rice Milk or any vegan milk
- 1/3 cup Organic Coconut Oil Melted before measuring
- 1 tsp Good quality Madagascar Vanilla
- Preheat waffle maker per instructions.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in the order above. stir until no lumps and pour 5-6 oz of batter onto waffle iron and close lid. Naturally you can make pancakes with the basic recipe as well.
- Top with vanilla glaze: stir together 2 cups of powdered sugar with 2 TBL rice milk or water. Add more liquid by the teaspoon to get desired thinness. Drizzle on warm waffles. Enjoy. Love, Celine.