I know the holiday’s have had me posting all sorts of recipes for my Vegan GF baking fans. And now that January is upon us, the fat loss coach in me will take over! It’s time to buckle down and it’s time for some low carb goodies!
I love chocolate mint things – everything chocolate mint actually. and I’ve been itching to create this brownie! I saw a pic of it from another bakery a long time ago and it’s been haunting me ever since. If I could make good business sense of it- it’d just create new recipes for the bakery weekly and sell them as I did! But alas, it does not make good sense to always be changing up the bakery’s offering, so this is where my inner blogger gets to shine!
I turned these into a Keto version since I practice eating 2 keto-style days a week with carb cycling. I don’t really eat a lot of sugar or sweets any more anyway and I really want to eat these! Happily they are totally no-guilt and when you are trying to get in your 100+ grams of fat a day – these guys will be perfect!
Keto Vegan Creme de Mint Brownies
- 100 g almond flour
- 140 g Xylitol
- 80 g Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g Miyoko's Vegan Butter or earth balance stick
- 5 tsp egg replacer powder
- 1/2 cup water
Minty Green Layer
- 115 g Miyoko's Vegan Butter
- 150 g Celine's SF sugar blend *see notes for recipe
- 1/8 tsp tumeric
- 1/8 tsp spirulina
- 1/2 tsp mint extract or 5 drops of mint oil
- 140 g Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate chips
- 140 g Miyoko's Vegan Butter
- 2 tbl Celine's SF sugar blend *see notes for recipe
- Keto Brownies
- Heat oven to 350/180 degrees Line the bottom and side of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Combine the vegan butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a glass dish, microwave for 30 seconds, stir and heat again for 30 seconds. Mix until sugar crystals are melted and mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg replacer with warm water and stir. Allow to sit for 2 minutes to froth and bubble for a few minutes. Stir egg mixture and almond flour into chocolate until combined and smooth. Beat about 1 minute.
- Pour in to prepared pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool at least an hour.
- Creme de Mint Filling
- Beat vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add turmeric, spirulina and mint, mix until color and taste set. Spread over cooled brownies and chill 15 minutes.
- Chocolate Topping
- In a glass measuring cup melt butter and chocolate chips for 30 second in the microwave. Stir. Heat for a second 30 seconds. Add 2 TBL SF sugar to taste, stir until smooth. Spread over green layer and chill. Cut into 16 bars. Store refrigerated.
- ***NOTE***Celine's Sugar Free Powdered Sugar Blend1.5 cups xylitol crystals1/2 tsp stevia1 TBL tapioca starch1/2 tsp salt Blend in a food processor or vitamix until fine powder
- Each square is 310 calories 4 net carbs/ 24g Fat/3g protein