Orange Buttercream Truffles
These smooth and creamy butter-creams were inspired by Miyoko's Vegan Butter. It's so nice to have beautiful organic products to create with... it means I don't have to make it myself. Thank you Miyoko's Kitchen! 🙂
- 3/4 Cup Miyoko's Vegan Butter
- 4 Cups Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbl Organic Almond Milk
- 5 Drops Organic orange essential oil Food grade!
- Orange Zest
- 12 Oz Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chocolate chips are fine but you must thin with 2 TBL coconut oil.
- Allow butter to come to room temp for 30 minutes. Cream vegan butter in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Beat until all the sugar is incorporated and fluffy.
- Add in orange oil and quickly mix again. Chill in the refrigerator covered for 1 hour.
- Take your truffle mixture out of the fridge. Using a 1 oz scoop, scoop out balls and arrange on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill in fridge another 15 min. Roll in your hands to form smooth balls and back in the fridge they go for another 15 min.
- In a heat proof bowl, melt chocolate over hot water, until hot and smooth.
- Carefully dip prepared balls in melted chocolate and rest on cookie sheet. Garnish with fresh orange zest. When all of them are dipped, chill until chocolate has set.
- Truffles can be stored in the fridge for a month.