As you know our bread at the bakery is pretty unique. And our at-home bread baking kit is getting a fun following.
So as promised, to all of our followers, here’s a great recipe for focaccia with our kit. It makes wonderful sandwiches. Arek loves in cut into thick squares and dipped in his soups! It’s great.
To use this recipe you will need our specially blended Bread flour mix kit. These flours are not your average rice and tapioca flours so they cannot be bought in a store. But the mix can be bought here.
- 18 oz warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 TBL cane sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 oz instant yeast we love Lasaffre SAF-instant Red
- 3 cups http://karmabaker.com/shop/bread/bread-ship/celines-gluten-free-bread-mix-ship/ http://karmabaker.com/shop/bread/bread-ship/celines-gluten-free-bread-mix-ship/
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil in addition to the above oil
- 2 TBL fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp course sea salt
- In a stand mixer bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 18 oz of warm water (105-115);Let the mixture stand until bubbles form on the surface. About 5 min.
- Add the chopped up rosemary to a 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Set aside and allow to sit until ready to use.
- With a paddle attachment, stir the 1/4 cup of oil and the Karma Baker Bread flour blend into the yeast mixture.Beat on low speed (I like using setting 2-3) until smooth. Beat about 3 minutes.DO NOT knead this dough. It will be very sticky, like thick pancake batter.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Grease a silicon spatula and empty the batter into the pan. Scraping the bowl to get it all out. With greased hands or the spatula, spread dough smoothly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until just about doubled, about 15-25 minutes. While dough is resting -preheat your oven to 400Dough should rise to about a ½” above the pan’s top edge.Firmly press your fingers into the dough to create hills and valleys that will hold the rosemary scented olive oil. Pour the prepared oil evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown, 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Cool at least 2 hours before cutting. GF bread can seem gummy when still hot.