Being vegan means sacrificing some things. I have sacrificed many things and don’t regret any of it ~ at all. Talk about worth it!! My health and the lives of the animals and the environment are way more important than my tiny momentary ideas of happiness.
That being said – I do miss the convenience and protein power of eggs. I’m highly allergic to them actually, so I wouldn’t ever take a chance – and the humanity of the baby chicks that die for the egg industry should be enough to pull at anyone’s heart strings. ( I won’t be “that vegan” and elaborate, but if you don’t know – google it)
The ease of prepping an egg and getting a nice low carb / high protein meal in minutes has definitely been a challenge! ugh… what’s a girl to do?
Tofu. Trust me – it’s cool, you can prepare tofu to replace your eggs very easily.
This is my go-to Frittata recipe to use as a base.
They are vegan and eggless.
Excellent if you are doing Faster Way to Fat Loss with me in one of my coaching groups!
Find out more about that here.
Vegan Tofu Frittata with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach
- 2 14oz pacakges Medium Firm Tofu
- 3 TBL Nutritional Yeast
- 3 TBL Gluten -Free Tamari or soy sauce
- 2 TBL Arrowroot Powder or corn starch
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground onion powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt (Kala Nimak) buy this from an indian Market
- 1 Small diced onion
- 1 TBL Italian seasoning blend
- 2 Cups Frozen spinach
- 2 Oz Sun dried tomatoes Roughly chopped
- 1 Can Canned artichoke hearts Chopped
- 1/2 Bunch flat leaf parsley Finely shopped
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Parmesan cheese Follow your heart brand
- Preheat oven to 375.Spray an 8" x 12" casserole dish with olive or coconut oil spray.
- Tofu filling: In a food processor combine the drained tofu with all six ingredients.
- Blend until very smooth scraping down sides as you go.
- Roughly chop sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- In a medium fry and pan sauté onions until soft and golden. About 15 minutes so they have a chance to caramelize and get some great flavor going. Add the chopped spinach and artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes with Italian seasoning. Heat together about two minutes.
- In separate bowl combine vegetables with the blended tofu egg mixture.
- Stir to gently combine. Add fresh chopped parsley.
- Pour into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with Vegan Parmesan.Bake at 375 for 30 minutes until golden brown on the top and center is solid. Allow to sit about 15 minutes before cutting.